Pestos, Pastes & Sauces
Smoked Chilli Harissa (170g)
Rose harissa paste with added chipotle pepper, Balsamic Vinegar, spices and paprika for a sweet and smokey variation on our favourite paste.
- Use to marinade roasted vegetables
- Spread over a shoulder of lamb before cooking
- Dollop onto scrambled eggs on toast
- Mix into a hearty bean and vegetable stew
- Spread onto chicken wings before roasting
Rose Harissa Paste (Rehydrated Paprika Peppers, Sunflower Oil, Garlic, Salt, Mixed Spices, Rose Petals), Fried Diced Onion (Onions, Sunflower Oil), Sunflower Oil, Balsamic Vinegar of Modena (Cooked Grape Must, Wine Vinegar) contains sulphites <10ppm, Chipotle Pepper Flakes (7%), Harissa Dry Spice Mix (Paprika, Garlic, Cayenne Pepper, Cumin, Sunflower Oil), Dark Muscovado Sugar, Water, Paprika Flakes, Sweet Smoked Paprika, Salt, Cinnamon Powder, Coriander Powder, Garlic Puree, Acidity Regulator: Citric Acid
|of which Saturates||1.8|
|of which Sugars||5.8|
Apricot Harissa (170g)
Adding apricots, balsamic vinegar, ras al hanout, and spices to our award-winning rose harissa paste creates a pleasingly sweet and spicy paste that brings new depths to a kofte or a dressing. Adding apricots, balsamic vinegar, ras el hanout, and spices to our award-winning rose harissa paste creates a pleasingly sweet and spicy paste that brings new depths to a kofte or a dressing.
- Add a spoonful to meatball or lamb kofta mix
- Use to make a dressing with lemon and olive oil
- Spread onto a crispbread with cheese
- Use to marinade halloumi skewers
- Use as a replacement for chutney
- Mix into gravy for a roast chicken
Sunflower Oil, Rehydrated Paprika and Cayenne Peppers (23%), Raisins, Dried Apricots (13%), Capers, Garlic, Balsamic Vinegar of Modena (Cooked Grape Must, Wine Vinegar), Salt, Mixed Spices, Rice Flour, Rose Petals, Ras El Hanout (Ginger, Turmeric, Cumin, Cardamom, Clove, Cinnamon, Nutmeg). Acidity Regulator: Citric Acid.
|of which Saturates||2.1|
|of which Sugars||17.3|
Rose Harissa (170g)
Our Rose Harissa has a slow-burning chili heat, balanced with a sweet smokiness that adds real depth of flavour to any dish. It is one of our signature ingredients and bestsellers, having been developed from a secret recipe back in 1995.
The name Harissa comes from the Arabic harasa,meaning ‘to pound’or ‘break into pieces’. It is not far from a straight translation of the Italian pestare,to ‘pound’ or ‘crush’ – which is where we get the word ‘pesto’ from.
- Dollop on eggs or avocado toast
- Mix with yoghurt as a marinade
- Add into burger mix
- Marinade meat, fish and vegetables
Rehydrated Paprika and Red Chilli Peppers, Sunflower Oil, Garlic, Salt, Mixed Spices, Rose Petals. Acidity Regulator: Citric Acid.
|of which Saturates||5.0g|
|of which Sugars||1.5g|
Ginger, tomato paste, garlic, onions, turmeric and spices make up this middle eastern paste ideal to make kebabs. This classic middle eastern paste is a fantastic way to flavour lamb or chicken for kebabs.
- Spread onto a warm pitta with roasted vegetables
- Marinade chicken or vegetable kebabs
- Dollop onto hummus
- Roast carrots and for the last five minutes add some shawarma for a spicy, warming flavour
- Toss through cauliflower florets before roasting
To keep Shawarmas fresh flavour use towards the end of cooking.
Ginger (37%), Tomato Paste, Garlic Puree, Sunflower Oil, Fried Onions (Onions, Sunflower Oil), Turmeric Powder (<5%), Black Pepper Powder, Allspice, Sweet Paprika, Salt, Cinnamon Powder, Chilli (<5%), Acidity Regulator: Citric Acid.
|of which Saturates||1.5g|
|of which Sugars||5.5g|
Made with smoked paprika and Beldi Preserved Lemons, our Tagine Paste helps you get intense, smokey flavours into stews, pot roasts, roasted vegetables and so much more.
In Morocco, the cooking pot, tagine, is given as a traditional wedding present. But instead of gifting box-fresh new ones, families hand down their oldest, most treasured tagines. It is believed that, after many years of use, each one imparts its own special flavour to the stew within.
- Stir into vegetarian bean chilli
- Use as a base for a tomato sauce
- Add to fried mushrooms and crème fraîche
- Marinade for roasted vegetables
- Mix into Middle Eastern meatballs
Sunflower Oil, Onions, Tomato Paste (12%), Fresh Coriander, Fresh Parsley, Salt, Sweet Paprika, Preserved Lemons, Smoked Paprika (2%), Garlic Puree, Dried Cumin, Dried Coriander, Dried Parsley. Acidity Regulator: Citric Acid.
Oak-Smoked Paprika & Tomato Pesto
Classic Mediterranean sun and semi-dried tomato pesto blended with sweet oak-smoked paprika to produce a piquant flavour.
- Combine with cream and reduce for a powerful rich sauce
- Mix with melted butter to dress boiled sweetcorn
- Add between layers of a potato gratin
- Use as a dressing with roasted courgettes, topped with ricotta
Storage Condition: Ambient, keep chilled once opened
Rehydrated Sun-Dried Tomatoes (46%), Sunflower Oil, Vegetarian Hard Cheese (MILK), Semi-Dried Tomatoes, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Vinegar, Salt, Smoked Sweet Paprika, Garlic Puree, Herbes de Provence, Acidity Regulator: Lactic Acid.
|of which Saturates||5.6g|
|of which Sugars||6.8g|
Truffle & Artichoke Pesto
Artichokes and Parmigiano Reggiano are subtly blended with Italian summer truffles and black pepper to give an elegant, full-flavoured pesto.
- Add depth and spice to meat, vegetables, soups and stews
- Mix with breadcrumbs as a stuffing for field mushrooms or roast chicken
- Spread on toast and top with prosciutto and walnuts
- Stir into mashed potato
- Add to grilled asparagus with a poached egg
Artichokes (56%), Sunflower Oil, Water, Pine Kernels, Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese (MILK) (2%), Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Salt, Garlic Puree, Black Pepper, Black Summer Truffles Slices, Truffle Flavouring, Vinegar, Acidity Regulator: Lactic Acid.
|Energy||1265 kJ /
|of which Saturates||3.8|
|of which Sugars||0.8|
A traditional Italian pesto recipe made with Parmigiano Reggiano, pine kernels and basil from Veneto, a simple and classic essential.
- Mash into potatoes or white beans
- Use to dress steamed greens
- Add to yoghurt as a condiment
- Mix with breadcrumbs and coat chicken or lamb before gently pan-frying
- Make a delicious dressing for a tomato and mozzarella salad
- Stir into pea and spinach gnocchi
- Spread on a fillet of salmon and roast
Basil (45%), Sunflower Oil, Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese (MILK) (11%), Pine Kernels (3%), Extra Virgin Olive Oil (2%), Salt, Garlic Puree, Acidity Regulator: Cirtic Acid.
|of which Saturates||6.2|
|of which Sugars||0.3|
Condiments & Preserves
Just the right balance of being both runny and sticky, this small-batch date molasses is made from 100% Medjool dates. The complex date and dried fruit flavour have a natural but not overpowering sweetness, nor any bitter caramel notes.
- Top your porridge or yoghurt
- Use as a sugar alternative
- Place halloumi on a bed of Ezme Paste and drizzle with Date Molasses and fresh chopped parsley
- Drizzle over Tabbouleh for a fruity sour finish
100% date molasses – May contain traces of walnuts,hazlenuts, sesame and soya.
|of which Saturates||0|
|of which Sugars||55|
Beldi Preserved Lemons
Salty and lightly acidic, our small, fine-skinned, preserved lemons bring an intense lemon flavour and fragrance to a wide variety of dishes. In 2012, our Preserved Lemons won 3 Great Taste stars from the Guild of Fine Foods, a coveted accolade awarded to fewer than 2 in every 100 entries.
- Try finely slicing and adding to a grain or rice salad
- Chop with chilli and garlic as a dressing
- Use to stuff a roast chicken
- Finely slice and add to your couscous
- Add zest to your chicken stuffing
Our small, fine-skinned, preserved lemons bring a beautiful fragrance to a wide variety of dishes. Our Beldi Lemons are hand sorted and graded for size and quality. They are then hand-packed to ensure that the fruit does not bruise and retains its fragrant aroma.
Lemons, Water, Salt.
|of which Saturates||0.1g|
|of which Sugars||3.2g|